28 February, 2010

Photographic Memory

iTunes has an incredible app for all di.fm fans! SHOUTcast! It's all streaming from many different genres of music/talk radio.  If you don't have an iphone or ipod touch, you can still go to their site @ shoutcast.com and stream on your PC from your preferred media player. I'm currently tuned in to the Techno station where it's this weird, almost tribal, song playing.


So, this weekend was eventful. It really began on a Thursday night where it we were being hit with a Paralyzing Blizzard (see image below).

It was also supposed to be a snow hurricane, seeing as how there was going to be a collision of two different snow storms, giving us that crippling image that nj.com has tastefully given us. So it's Thursday night, and this is going on. What better way to celebrate than with a big ol' bottle of Bacardi Gold? So that happened, & then I woke up the next day to find out we had a delayed opening for work. I worked from home, which was the first time and I don't see why it should be the last. It was just as productive, if not more. And quite relaxing...

Friday Night was where the Photographic Memory came in to play. I was able to see H Boogie and had a snow play date. :D  I came in to her apartment w/ my fat ass "snow pants", and was pretty decked out in snow gear. She had to prepare herself and put on her snow pants (which were awesome) and the rest of her snow clothing. After a splif second, we walked to the park by her apt. and plopped down on a snowed bench for a bit. We enjoyed the trees, and the way they branched off into three. In that park, we created fred (he was a little snow man) and where I watched her make a snow angel, I made mine mirrored to hers. And that's how we created the batman symbol in Washington Square.  Unfortunately, neither of us brought any sort of camera with us, so we used our Photographic Memory. The rest of the night was filled with nazi-killing Basterds, and good spirits. It was a fun night and I can't wait for the next one with her.

The rest of the weekend was OK. I was given some terrible news; there was a death in the family of musicians that I play with - Rumba Con Son. Their old bass player's brother had passed away yesterday morning.  I had just met that bassist, and did not have the pleasure of meeting his brother. :(  I heard he was a monster on the Trumpet. And he was, no doubt, a great person to know.

Well, Rumba Con Son had a gig last night, and before we played our set, we began with a moment of silence. A couple of friends came with me that night: illuzn & her trusty sarahcastic companion. They came, they saw, they conquered. One conquered sleep in the back seat of my car on the drive home.

One more bit of sad news, our neighbor John has moved to Florida. He was a cool cool guy and our hanging outs were limited to three times.  Had we known that him and his fiance liked to party, we would've hung out way more than we actually did...

No comments:

Post a Comment